- Eggs : 6
- Milk powder : 100 gms
- Milk : 350 ml
- Sugar : 200 gms
- Vanilla essence : ½ tsps
- To caramelize:
- Refine oil: 1 tbsp
- Sugar: 2 tsps
- Beat the eggs lightly. In a mixie put the beaten eggs, milk powder,
- milk, sugar and essence and blend well.
- Put a greased borosil round bowl upon very low fire. Add oil.
- When the oil starts to get warm add sugar.
- Stir with a thin wooden spoon until the sugar is deep caramel in colour.
- Spread the caramelized sugar.
- Remove the bowl from fire. Set it aside for a few seconds in a warm place.
- Pour the egg mixer to the caramelized borosil bowl. Steam until done.
- Unmound when cold.
- Serve according to your taste.
Notes: The first sweet dish I prepared was a caramel pudding. I still remember the day. It was our winter holiday. We were at our grandparents house at Nowgong.. I prepared it with my share of milk and egg.